27. Juni 2015 Thema abonnieren
 Von 
Kael
Frischling
(4 Beiträge, 4x hilfreich)
Mahnung vom COEO Inkasso

Guten Tag!
Entshuldigen fur Englisch, mein Deutsch ist zu schlecht:
I've temporary lived in Germany and had a 'vertrag' with O2. When I urgently needed to leave country I wanted to cancel it. One month before my leave (in August) I visited their office and asked how to do that. It was said to me that I just needed to bring an 'abmeldung vom rathaus' to my nearest office and they'll make it. When in my last day in Germany I brought it to their office, they refused me with statement that they can't do that, the only customer service in Nurnberg can cancel it. Already from my home-country (in September), I've contacted them and they demanded a form with additional proofs, that I don't live in Germany now. I've gathered all they asked, sent it to them (October already) and happily forget about it. Until at the first days of January I closed my German bank account and immediately got Mahnung from them. I've phoned with complaint and described the situation. The answer surprised me: "We got your application only in December, so it will be processed in January and I must pay till April!" When stated that I don't live in Germany since September and already paid them their 3-month cancellation fee (October - December), they just said: "Not our problem!". Surprised by such impudence, I just ignored their 'Mahnungen' till yesterday I got an email from "coeo Inkasso GmbH" that I owe them a lot of money.
So my question: is their demands justified? Or was O2 obliged to end vertrag? What consequences will I face if I wouldn't pay? And how much the 'anwalt' will cost me if they decide to bring this matter to the court?
Thanks in advance.

Post vom Inkassobüro?

Post vom Inkassobüro?

Ein erfahrener Anwalt im Inkassorecht gibt Ihnen eine vertrauliche kostenlose Einschätzung!
Ein erfahrener Anwalt im Inkassorecht gibt Ihnen eine vertrauliche kostenlose Einschätzung!
Kostenlose Einschätzung starten Kostenlose Einschätzung starten

8 Antworten
Sortierung:
 Von 
Mr.Cool
Richter
(8429 Beiträge, 3448x hilfreich)

Difficult to describe german Telecommuniction law in english ...
My personal impression - it was a fault to "talk". Such issues should be written and in time to get a better agreement and to check for legal options. You have your SIM and possibly your phone, which was part of the contract, until now?
My personal recomendation: if your contract ends in April (2015 ???) - pay your monthly fee. In general - it´s not O2 fault that you must leave Germany. Its your problem to sign a two year contract instead of prepaid offer.

Signatur:

Vernunft ist wichtiger als Paragraphen

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
Kael
Frischling

Zitat (von Mr.Cool):
You have your SIM and possibly your phone, which was part of the contract, until now?

Thanks for the answer, Mr.Cool. No, I didn't buy any handy from them, so no additional obligations. And SIM card was trashed the next day I left country. I have heard about example with Internet, that if family change their current location they can cancel their vertrag without any penalties (except 3-month cancellation fee). Why can't it work with handy's? Even their customer service at first (when they sent me an 'abmeldung' form) was agreed that leaving country is justified reason for ending contract!
The contract was till October'15. I haven't paid since January, so it's too late to pay 'monthly' fee, cause my 'debt' is in incasso company's hands and they want totally different sum already (€215).

2x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
mepeisen
Unsterblich
(24959 Beiträge, 16164x hilfreich)

Zitat:
Not our problem

Actually that was a lie.

Do you have any certificate that you sent all the information in september/ october (in Germany you should have used "Einschreiben")? Some written answer from O2/telefonica dated in september/october asking for more information is ok too.

Zitat:
I have heard about example with Internet, that if family change their current location they can cancel their vertrag without any penalties (except 3-month cancellation fee).

It is not that simple. At first you signed a contract for 2 years and you must fullfill that contract. However german law says "If you change location AND the Provider cannot fulfill the contract any more, you will have to pay the 3-month-fee".

Zitat:
Why can't it work with handy's?

It will work with your mobile phone. But as you buy a mobile phone by 'Ratenkauf' (hire-purchase) there is no way to cancel that. The reason is fairly simple: Think about buying the newest smartphone for '10€ per month'. If you cancel the contract you would get a smartphone for only 40€. That is not fair. So you must pay the smartphone as planned for about 24 months. The 3-month-fee only is ment for the regular 'Grundgebühr'.

Zitat:
cause my 'debt' is in incasso company's hands and they want totally different sum already (€215).

Incassos are like kids: They always want many things but they are not allowed to get these things.

Your task is to proove that you sent them all the information in September/october and that's it.

If I were you I would write the incasso: "Dear incasso. I sent all the information in September 2014 to Telefonica. It is not my fault that telefonica did not handle my cancellation for months. I won't pay any further money and you cannot do anything about it. If you do not stop pestering me I will decide to go to the police or to the 'Aufsichtsgericht'. You know that you are wrong."

Signatur:

Mitglied im AK Inkassowatch. Anfragen per PM. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar. Siche

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
Mr.Cool
Richter

You can´t compare fixed lines with mobile phones (e.g. shut down/switch to other customer, costs for line). In principle it´s your own risk, if you sign a contract instead of prepaid offers. I personally see no reason for long-term contracts, if you have alternatives like prepaid SIMs.
You are now in a weak position due to the informal discussion with nobodies. I have no other advice then to pay. In your case it´s only until April 2015. That means the 3-months penalty was accepted? This seems to be a good compromise, if you can´t proof a earlier date?

Signatur:

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
Kael
Frischling

Thanks everyone for advice.

Zitat (von mepeisen):
However german law says "If you change location AND the Provider cannot fulfill the contract any more, you will have to pay the 3-month-fee".

Does anyone know the exact number of the law, so I could refer to it? Because it seems to me that they definitely can't provide me their services in another country.
Zitat (von mepeisen):
But as you buy a mobile phone by 'Ratenkauf' (hire-purchase) there is no way to cancel that.

That's what I understand. It's the same as buy something in loan. However, I haven't bought abything from them, that's where my complaints grow from.
Zitat (von mepeisen):
Do you have any certificate that you sent all the information in september/ october (in Germany you should have used "Einschreiben")?

The only thing I have is receipt from post office that I sent letter to their office in Nurnberg in October. Will it be ok?
Zitat (von Mr.Cool):
n your case it´s only until April 2015. That means the 3-months penalty was accepted?

Well, it seems they did'nt fullfill even that promise because I got 'rechnung' for May too!

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
Mr.Cool
Richter

Zitat:
The only thing I have is receipt from post office that I sent letter to their office in Nurnberg in October. Will it be ok?
Only receipt about 60ct or around 2€ for "Einschreiben"(better!)? If O2 accept April instead of October, then you can complain wrong date for end of contract.

Signatur:

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
thehellion
Philosoph
(13873 Beiträge, 6410x hilfreich)

Where is now your permanent residence ?

Signatur:

EX Inkasso MA - keine juristischen Fachkenntnisse

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Von 
Kael
Frischling

Zitat (von thehellion):
Where is now your permanent residence ?

I'm in Russia from September.

1x Hilfreiche Antwort

Und jetzt?

Für jeden die richtige Beratung, immer gleich gut.
Schon 266.630 Beratungen
Anwalt online fragen
Ab 30
Rechtssichere Antwort in durchschnittlich 2 Stunden
107.850 Bewertungen
  • Keine Terminabsprache
  • Antwort vom Anwalt
  • Rückfragen möglich
  • Serviceorientierter Support
Anwalt vor Ort
Persönlichen Anwalt kontaktieren. In der Nähe oder bundesweit.
  • Kompetenz und serviceoriente Anwaltsuche
  • mit Empfehlung
  • Direkt beauftragen oder unverbindlich anfragen
Alle Preise inkl. MwSt. zzgl. 5€ Einstellgebühr pro Frage.

Jetzt Anwalt dazuholen.

Für 60€ beurteilt einer unserer Partneranwälte diese Sache.

• Antwort vom Anwalt
  • Innerhalb 24 Stunden
  • Nicht zufrieden? Geld zurück!
  • Top Bewertungen
Ja, jetzt Anwalt dazuholen